Below are the guidelines for the Excellence in the Arts grants only:
Geographic Area Served
In regards to Excellence in the Arts grants, the Foundation limits funding to organizations located in Hartford County, and gives priority to arts nonprofits in the following cities and towns:
- South Windsor
- East Hartford
- West Hartford
- New Britain
Organizations located in towns contiguous to these may be considered but are advised to discuss their application with the Executive Director prior to submission.
- Only organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under provision 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code may apply
- At least twelve months must pass between applications
- The Foundation must have received a final report on any previous grant before a new request will be considered
- After several successive years of grants, an organization may be requested to take a year off
Under its Excellence in the Arts grant program, the Foundation will not fund:
- Requests for endowment, general operating, scholarships, or requests from individuals
- Projects that have already occurred or are underway at the time the Board considers the application (see below for meeting dates)
- Events or activities that will occur within 90 days of the application due date
- Proposals that use a fiscal agent or a pass-through organization
- Proposals from public schools or school foundations
Deadlines and Decisions
Your application to the Foundation should be initiated with a telephone call or email to the Executive Director to discuss the proposed project.
For first time applicants, the Executive Director may wish to schedule a site visit.
- Applications are considered quarterly. 2020 deadlines include:
- February 3
- May 1
- August 3
- November 2
- Applications should be submitted with required attachments by 11:59pm on the deadline date.
- The Board will meet on the following dates in 2020:
- March 10
- June 9
- September 10
- December 8
- Organizations will be notified of the Board’s decision shortly after the meeting.