Please Note: We have transitioned our submission process to an online application. Please read the instructions carefully and print the instructions PDF below to use as a guide before you initiate your application.
As in the past, you should contact the Executive Director by phone or email to discuss your proposed project.
For first time applicants, the Executive Director may wish to schedule a site visit.
For particularly large requests ($25,000 or more), it is recommended that the initial contact be made well in advance of the application. In these cases, a short (one to two page) project description may be requested prior to submission of a full application.
A post-grant final report for your most recent Roberts Foundation grant must be on file before we will consider another proposal. If you have not sent in your final report, you may submit it as an attachment to your application.
Application Submission Instructions
Before you initiate the online application, please review the lists below and be prepared to provide the information requested.
You will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Contact Information
- Organization’s IRS Tax Identification Number
- Amount Requested
- What is the organization’s mission/vision statement?
- Project Description including activity details, dates, venue, admission fees and attendance goals.
- How will you promote/market the project?
- How will Roberts Foundation support be recognized?
- What is your organization’s definition of artistic excellence?
- How does this project align with that definition, and how does it advance your mission?
- How will your audience and the community benefit from this project?
- How will the project be evaluated?
You will be asked to attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter – on organization letterhead with official address and signed by your Executive Director or Board President
- Board List‡
- IRS 501(c)3 Determination Letter‡
- Financial Statement or Audit‡
- Previous Year Operational Budget‡
- Current Year Operational Budget
- Balance Sheet
- Project Budget
- Annual Report (if your organization produces one)
- Strategic Plan (if your organization has one)
- Final Report (if not yet submitted)
Items marked ‡ are NOT required for current grantees applying for $5,000 or less. However, these applicants will be asked to detail any significant changes to the organization’s structure, leadership, board, strategic direction or mission.
Only applications submitted using our online application will be considered. Materials delivered, mailed or emailed to the Foundation will not be considered.
Questions should be directed to Executive Director, Lisa Curran.